The QCTO is responsible for the accreditation of Skills Development Providers (SDPs)
The QCTO accredits SDPs to offer the following programmes and qualifications that falls under the Occupational Qualifications Sub-Framework (OQSF):
- N4-N6 programmes (NATED Report 191);
- Old trades; and
- Occupational qualifications.
The prospective SDP files an application for accreditation by contacting the QCTO. The application is then referred to the accreditation agent for processing.
The National Artisan Moderation Body (NAMB) acts as the accreditation agent for old trades. NAMB recommends the accreditation of SDPs in the form of audit report.
The application for accreditation to offer occupation qualifications undergoes the following process:
- SDP applies directly with the QCTO;
- The QCTO processes an application;
- Verifies are dispatched to conduct site visits; and
- The QCTO communicates the outcome of the application to the applicant.